Currently, one of the most popular choices for outdoor living today is cast aluminum patio furniture. Offering a wide variety of features and benefits, cast aluminum furniture is characterized by traditional design elements and classic styles making it a favorite among designers.
Different from aluminum patio furniture that is most often made of tubular frame pieces welded together, cast aluminum is solid throughout, and thus, much heavier. Because the frames are made from molds where the molten metal is poured in, cast aluminum patio chairs and tables often feature more intricate details, giving them a certain elegance and sophistication.
Below, we’ve highlighted a few of the reasons why cast aluminum furniture may be the right choice for your outdoor living area or patio dining set. Whether you’re looking to fill an entire outdoor living space with an outdoor sofa and club chairs, or just a small balcony with a comfy patio bistro set, cast aluminum furniture can be a great choice, and here’s why:
- Cast aluminum furniture cannot rust. This is especially beneficial in areas where moisture is present, making it a premium choice among residents of coastal cities or regions with high humidity.
- It’s extremely durable and long lasting. Because cast aluminum patio furniture is solid throughout, it’s exceptionally sturdy and designed to endure the elements. Most cast aluminum patio chairs will provide at least 15 to 20 years of use.
- Minimal maintenance is required. More often than not, using a typical garden hose to rinse off the patio furniture will do. For more stubborn residue, a little warm water and soap will usually suffice. Besides cleaning occasionally, there is really no other upkeep.
- Sturdy and stable. Unlike many other types of outdoor furniture, cast aluminum furniture is hard to bend or break. Because of its weight and rigid design, it will feel more stable than some other types of furniture.
- Abundance of styles to choose from. From traditional to trendy, you’re sure to find a frame design that complements your unique style and decor. Most collections will include all of the necessary pieces to complete your patio living space, including patio dining chairs, swivel rockers, patio dining tables, outdoor bar stools, double gliders and more.
- Available in almost any color. With advancements in powder coating technology, there's a virtually endless choices when it comes to color choice. In addition to various colors, many of today’s cast aluminum patio chairs are available with textured finishes for those who prefer a more “aged” look and feel.
- Works with or without cushions. Most cast aluminum patio furniture collections are created without cushions, but adding a basic cushion can significantly improve the comfort. Adding outdoor cushions with bright colors can also give your outdoor furniture some flair and panache.
- It’s heavier than most. While it’s light enough to be easily moved and lifted, cast aluminum patio furniture is also heavy enough to feel firm and stable and not blow around in the wind.